When you're ever looking for some block inspiration, Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks is the publication to pick up. The newest edition will be available May 6th and we're thrilled that there are several block patterns that put to use a variety of Kona® Solids and several prints including Blythe, Remix by Ann Kelle, Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander, and Quilters Linen.Read More
Welcome Megan Dye of Meg's Monkey Beans to The Swatch & Sttitch! Today she's sharing her cute drawstring bags, a wonderful and eco-friendly way to wrap up your gifts this holiday season.
• Fabric for bag and lining (I used Retro Christmas by Cynthia Frenette and Kona Cottons)
• One 1.5” strip of fabric for casing (double the width of your bag minus two inches)
• Cording/drawstring (double the width of your bag plus a few inches)
• Two small pieces of fusible hem tape (optional)
• One spring cord lock
• Sewing machine, thread, pins, rotary cutter, and mat
Have you seen Cynthia Frenette's Retro Christmas collection? With a fun, mid-century modern flair, the fabric is in stores now and perfect for holiday projects. Cynthia finished hers with plenty of time to spare.