During the summer and fall months, Quiltworx hosts week-long workshops at a private retreat in Northwestern Montana for a group of ten and led by Judy Niemeyer and certified instructors. This year, the home/retreat was decorated beautifully with a variety of handmade items featuring the new Lumina collection of fabrics, designed by Peggy Toole.Read More
Welcome Megan Dye of Meg's Monkey Beans to The Swatch & Sttitch! Today she's sharing her cute drawstring bags, a wonderful and eco-friendly way to wrap up your gifts this holiday season.
• Fabric for bag and lining (I used Retro Christmas by Cynthia Frenette and Kona Cottons)
• One 1.5” strip of fabric for casing (double the width of your bag minus two inches)
• Cording/drawstring (double the width of your bag plus a few inches)
• Two small pieces of fusible hem tape (optional)
• One spring cord lock
• Sewing machine, thread, pins, rotary cutter, and mat