APQ (and it's sister mag, Quilts & More) is a longtime favorite around the office here at Robert Kaufman HQ.
They always feature projects from talented designers and offer a great variety of projects to make. (One of our very favorite Kona quilts is made from an APQ free pattern based on a project that ran in Quilts & More!)
When we first learned about the One Million Pillowcase Challenge a few years ago, we were thrilled for the opportuniy to be a sponsor! So when they came to us with the great idea for a blog hop, we jumped on board with the same excitement!
We picked some of Ann Kelle's newest additions to her Remix collection and paired it with the basic pattern. Some fun geometrics and cool colors keeps it fitting for boys or girls.
Pillowcases can be some of the simplest and quickest projects to complete, making them a good start for beginners, or the right fit for those of us who just enjoy a quick start-to-finish project! They're also a great way to personalize a gift item, making them perfect for donating to those in need.
This weekend we'll be delivering this case to the children's hospital in Long Beach, CA. Kids can be the best handmade gift recipients and we can't wait to know that it will be loved and enjoyed by someone very deserving.
Be sure to follow the blog hop throughout the month of September and see the fantastic pillowcases that are being made and donated! We're inspired by how quickly the basic pattern comes together - we might have some more to share in the future!
1. Welcome from American Patchwork & Quilting (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
2. Rashida Coleman-Hale (http://www.iheartlinen.typepad.com/)
3. Olivia and Alayna's Pillowcase Project (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
4. Morgan’s Smile Factory (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
5. Pat Sloan (http://blog.patsloan.com/)
6. Northcott (http://pattispatchwork.com/)
7. Betsy Chutchian (http://betsysbestquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/)
8. Vanessa Christenson (http://www.vanessachristenson.com/)
9. Andover Fabrics (http://blog.andoverfabrics.com/)
10. Laurie Simpson (http://minickandsimpson.blogspot.com/)
11. Oak Hill, Ohio (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
12. Robert Kaufman Fabrics (http://www.swatchandstitch.com/) ----- that's us!
13. Pam Buda (http://www.heartspunquilts.blogspot.com/)
14. Indygo Junction (http://www.indygojunction.com/blog/)
15. 4-H (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
16. Katie Hennagir (http://baywindowquiltshop.wordpress.com/)
17. Anni Downs (http://hatchedandpatched.typepad.com/)
18. FreeSpirit Fabrics (http://www.freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/)
19. American Patchwork & Quilting Staff (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
20. Patty Young (http://modkidboutique.blogspot.com/)
21. Moda Fabrics (http://modafabrics.blogspot.com/)
22. Monica Solorio-Snow (http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/)
23. Moda Bake Shop (http://www.modabakeshop.com/)
24. Andover Fabrics (http://blog.andoverfabrics.com/)
25. Roseann Kermes from Rosebud’s Cottage (http://rosebudscottage.typepad.com/)
26. Ann Kelle for Shannon Fabrics (http://www.annkelle.com/category/blog/)
27. Therm O Web (http://blog.thermoweb.com/)
28. Edyta Sitar (http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/blog/)
29. Fabri-Quilt (http://inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com/)
30. Cherri House (www.cherryhousequilts.com)