For Elijah's new Super Easy Pillowcases I started with the Basic Pillowcase Pattern. I wanted to add a green flange to the pillowcases similar to the green flange on Elijah's Stash Stack Quilt. Below are directions on how to add a flange to the Basic Pillowcase Pattern.
Supplies for 2 Pillowcases
- 1/8 yard Kiwi Green
- 1 1/8 yards Canary Dot Mingle by Monaluna
- 1 1/8 yards Urban Zoologie Owls by Ann Kelle
1. Follow the Basic Pillowcase Pattern to cut the main four pieces. In addition cut two pieces 1.5" x 41" of the fabric you want to use for the flange. Fold the flange fabric in half along the long side and pin along one long side of the 10×41" pillowcase strip. Repeat for the second pillowcase.
2. Baste the flange in place with a large stitch and a scant 1/8" seam.
3. Follow steps #1 & #2 on pillowcase direction to join the ends and create band. At this point you can follow the rest of the directions to make the pillowcase. I chose to baste the two layers together as shown below before adding the cuff to the main part of the pillowcase.
4. Here are my finished pillowcase cuffs ready to be added to the main body of the pillowcase.
Initially Elijah was too busy reading one of his giant cards to notice the new pillowcases.
But he did discover that they made for a good foot rest.
After a little while he cuddled up with them and went back to watching a movie.